About the Area
Here at the Pacific Northwest in the rural communities along the southern Oregon coast you will find an abundance of available outdoor activities and entertainment such as:
- Hike trails and see the beautiful views of the Oregon coast, waterfalls, and national forest lands.
- Bike and drive on scenic highway 101 along the Oregon coast
- Sandboard and ride ATV’s on the Oregon Dunes National Recreational Area
- Fish, swim, kayak, surfing, kite and windsurfing, canoe, raft, and paddle board on a variety of lakes, rivers, and ocean waters in the area.
- Go crabbing along the docks in Charleston or Bandon.
- Walk the shorelines along Cape Arago and Bandon and see the ocean waves crash against the sandstone bluffs, hunt agates, and find treasures that wash up along the ocean shores.
- Stroll through the Japanese Gardens at Shore Acres State Park
- Go Blueberry/blackberry/huckleberry/mushroom/fiddlehead picking
- Check out the weekly Farmer’s market
- Watch a classic film at the historic Egyptian Theatre
- Listen to local bands at the local craft brewery
- Take a weekend trip to Crater Lake or hike, snowboard, ski the various mountains around the state
- Golf at the world renowned Bandon Dunes Golf Resort
- Sign up at Southwestern Oregon Community Colleges to take advantage of their recreation center where they off a weight room, basketball and racquetball court, game room, and a rock wall.